Friern Barnet Photo Archive

Search Results

Cromwell Road School Undated photograph, possibly from 1920s
Former New Southgate Gas Works View taken after the gas works was partly demolished. The large gas holder next to the North Circula...
Former New Southgate Gas Works Largest of the three gas holders, built in 1912. De-commissioned in 2001.
St James Church, Frierrn Barnet Lane A church has been on this site since the 12th century, although the present one was built in 1853. T...
Arnos Grove Underground Station Arnos Grove Underground Station. Opened in 1932. Photo taken c1937. Now a Grade 2* Listed building
New Southgate (formerly Colney Hatch) in 1867 In 1867, only the central part of New Southgate was built up. It was still called Colney Hatch at th...
Former New Southgate Gas Works The gas works site was a major employer. It closed in 1972. This map dates from 1951
Colney Hatch Pauper Lunatic Asylum An engraving of the Second Middlesex County Pauper Lunatic Asylum, opened on 17 July 1851. The first...
High Road, N11 Sanders Butchers, in High Road, New Southgate, around 1900
North Circular Road This roundabout was part of the Colney Hatch Lane junction with the new North Circular Road, and was...
North Circular Road Shortly after the opening of the Telford Road stretch of the North Circular Road, in 1932 the Piccad...

Latest Pics

BusesBusesBusesBusesBusesBusesBusesGrove Road, N11Grove Road, N11Grove Road, N11